Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: The War on Terror

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    The War on Terror

    Suprised the terrorist attacks haven't got more attention on here but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in on this.

    America and the Brits have been strong alies for years and I think we are going to see how strong the bond is here pretty soon. I've said over the last year or so that I feel we should have focused more attention on Osama and his terror network. I think we will soon see the fight took to Al Qadea. We have sat around to long dealing with Iraq when it was not really needed. The Brits didn't want to be there to begin with and hopefully they will force our hand to get our focus where it should be and that is stopping terrorism. Terrorism is a much bigger problem than what we have been dealing with. The entire world should have their thoughts and prayers with those who were injured today and the familes of those who passed away today in the attacks. Those who were responsible for these acts should be punished and this one time I have faith in George Bush and Tony Blair that they will get Bin Laden and make he and his terrorist group pay for the acts that they have done.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The War on Terror

    I dont think Al Quaida will ever be brought down. I mean anyone could be Al Quaida, you, me, biggin, lpdftbl, all of us could be and we could all be in different countries....its almost impossible to put an end to a group thats so fractured and spread apart.....it just seems to me that there are alot more people to this other than Bin Laden. Sure we might capture him but id be willing to bet there are plenty of others in place to suceed him and keep it going. Even if you do take down Al Quaida, there is still Hezbollah, Hamas, and alot of other radical organizations out there. Generally we dont have to deal with them, but Isreal does.....Its honestly hard to criticize anyone because we are fighting blindly and fighting against something we really cant win. In my opinion, we need to give more people jobs to increase homeland security. We would be helping our own people and making our country safer at the same time. I know alot of what I said is general, but I dont think there is really any idea or plan that is going to stop terrorism as long as people are filled with hate.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Glory_Days's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 18th, 2003
    Posts
    963
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The War on Terror

    war is never pretty no matter where you are...i wouldnt even know how to even begin to get rid of terrorism
    "To be the man, you've got to beat the man."

  4. #4
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The War on Terror

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    i wouldnt even know how to even begin to get rid of terrorism


    [/ QUOTE ]

    All I know is that wasting time in Iraq is not the way to go about doing it. We should spend our time on the Afghanistan Pakistan border hunting down Bin Laden. Sure, others will take his place but we just cant sit back and say hey come over here and blow us up can we? I'd hate to be making a trip up north to NYC or DC and be riding the subway and the next thing I know bombs are going off.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The War on Terror

    Yeah, if Bin-Laden is captured, he's going to become a martyr to Al Queada....probably make their resolve stronger than ever.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The War on Terror

    So what are we supposed to do? Sit back and do nothing?
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The War on Terror

    Yep.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  8. #8
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: The War on Terror

    I'm all for "Live and let live" but, it is now something else. Now I will shoot first and ask questions later, this way I will err on the side of safety. Sure, I'm gonna shoot somethings I don't want to, but I'd rather do that , than to have something kill me or mine while I look thru my "How to speak Jihad in one easy lesson" book. Bang! here is a clip from the capitol I found while snooping where I once found a lizard [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]-"July 2005; 12:54 ET: Preliminary reports from a source inside the Pentagon indicate that one of the operatives involved in this morning's bombings in London was recently released from the prison at Guantanamo. DEVELOPING... " HMMMM , anybody see how that could have been stopped? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •